Friday 22 March 2013

March

The last month has been, to put it lightly, a bit mental. I have virtually been living in the library for the last 10 days of my life, and it's been as exciting as it sounds. I actually reached a point last week when I wondered what the hell I was doing paying my landlord rent when I've technically spent more time in Augustine House than I have in my own home. However, my assignments for this term are done, dusted, finito - and I can finally relax. Sort of.

It's Easter next weekend, which seems mental that we've reached that part of the year already. There's been a vast array of chocolate eggs on display and filling the shelves of supermarkets pretty much since January - Creme Eggs, Lindt bunnies, Malteser bunnies - apparently now the new thing is Aero Lambs (?!) - a perfect opportunity to eat a colossal amount of chocolate and not feel as bad as you usually would for it.

Next week I'm going on work experience at a local newspaper! I'm absolutely terrified, but it will be brilliant to finally see how the whole dynamic of journalism works, even on a local scale, so hopefully it will go well. I'm also going back to Center Parcs in 3 weeks, and after last year's fun filled adventure it's sure to be just as eventful. Thankfully there will not be any tree-trekking involved this time so I won't be whizzing off in the wrong direction on a zip-wire, much to your disappointment I'm sure - then again, there will naturally be other opportunities for me to make an idiot of myself. Probably involving the children's adventure playground.

And finally just to flatter his already enormous ego, I promised I'd mention my friend Harry Taylor in this post because apparently there isn't enough mention of him on my blog. So hi Harry. Hope this makes you happy.

Happy Easter! Have a good one.

Nats. X


No comments:

Post a Comment