Thursday 21 February 2013

February

There's no easy way to say this, but my recent efforts at blogging have been pretty shambolic. This post has no particular topic other than to say hi, I'm alive and haven't forgotten how to use a computer, so I'll apologise in advance now for being super boring for the next few paragraphs and rambling on like the complete nutter that I unfortunately am.

I'm currently on reading week, in other words half term, and have come home for 9 days to see family, friends and celebrate my little brother's birthday which was last Saturday. It would actually be so lovely to consider this week off as a chance to relax, have a bit of a break and do something more exciting that type frantically on a computer about Jane Eyre and Shakespeare, but sadly that's not the case. The last few days have consisted of me essentially chained to my desk ploughing through assignment after assignment - and the best part is that there's still another year to go. And it will get worse.

But on a lighter note, it is so good to be back with my Mum, Dad and brothers in my weird little hometown. And it has been a fun few days just being able to hang out with them and muck about, do stupid crazy things and make each other laugh. I also had a brilliant day in London yesterday with my best friend - we went exploring all over the place, starting from Victoria, then travelling from Kensington to Westminster and past the London Eye, then to Piccadilly, through the West End, finishing with a delicious dinner in Soho.

As we were walking down by the Houses of Parliament, I decided it would be a great idea for us to buy a pancake to share from this cute little kiosk. I say "great idea", bearing in mind any idea of mine is rarely close to being achievable, let alone "great". We decided on a nutella and cream pancake but it ended up being served in a polystyrene cup, making it virtually impossible for us to eat with any shred of grace or dignity - the filling was flying everywhere, and in my attempt to get some of this ridiculously located pancake out of the cup with my fork, I ended up pinging half of my portion into Alice's face, which as you can imagine, went down as well as the cold, mushy pancake did at the end of the whole episode. All in all, the day was mad and eventful and the two of us were knackered by the end of it, but we had a lot of fun :)

Also in the news, I managed to further prove my stupidity and severe lack of co-ordination in a spectacular fashion by falling over in the shower last Tuesday and smacking my face on the side of the bath. As a result, I found myself sporting a very attractive black eye which has provided many of my friends and family with yet another opportunity to laugh at me and make incessant jokes, the worst of which came from my Dad, who kept calling me a Pirate - it took me a while to establish that he thought I should be wearing an eye patch. Do you see the madness I have to put up with?

Not a lot else to report from my exciting, fun-filled little life other than to say sorry for boring you to death with this not-so-fantastic piece of writing - in fact, I'd be surprised if you've made it this far into the post without closing the tab/falling asleep/throwing your laptop out of the window in sheer anger that you spent the last two minutes of your life listening to me babble on about a load of nothingness.

I promise that I'll try to write something a bit more interesting very soon...

Happy February!

Nats. X


No comments:

Post a Comment