Monday 8 July 2013

July

It's July and can you believe the sun is shining?! ☼ ☼ ☼

This past month has been a bit up-and-down. A few weeks ago I decided to get a nose piercing, which has now gone after I accidentally knocked it out a week later. One Friday I had arranged to go for lunch with my best friend, and to cut a long story short, it concluded with me sat on a bench in the local piercing shop with a needle going through my nose. I had been contemplating having it done for a long while but I was finally plucking up the courage to go ahead with it - as spontaneous as ever - although from past experience, that's usually the best way to go about it. It was my tenth piercing so I thought by now I'd have adjusted to the pain a little more, but that was definitely not the case. It was still as painful as the first.

As you would expect, neither my parents nor my grandparents were particularly happy but I did receive the "I suppose you're twenty now and it's your nose blah blah blah" speech. And amidst all the chaos it ended up falling out six days later when I was washing my face and had forgotten it was there. I spent about half an hour trying desperately to fix it before acknowledging I looked better without it anyway.

It was also my best friend Alice's birthday last Thursday and like me she chose to go to the zoo to celebrate, because let's face it, there is no better place to spend your 20th birthday than surrounded by crowds of screaming children and animals that can kill you. We saw everything from giraffes, lions, hippos, penguins, otters, parrots, and all in all had such a fantastic day. My friend Rachel and I decided it would be a great idea to go into one of the little tunnels inside the meerkat enclosure, before realising it was full of kids and impossible to move around without flattening one of them in the process (the kids that is, not the meerkats). We both got into a bit of a fluster trying to escape, to the extent that at one point I forgot I was inside a tunnel, tried to stand up and cracked my head on the ceiling. Ouch.

The tennis came to a climactic end yesterday and what a way to finish with Andy Murray becoming the first British Men's Singles Champion in 77 years! 

Watching Wimbledon over the last couple of weeks has been the only thing keeping me from going mad with boredom, and to have it draw to such a fantastic close really was pretty special. It was also incredible to see Marion Bartoli become the Women's Singles Champion on Saturday afternoon; both her and Sabine Lisicki put in an amazing effort but in the end it seems the best woman won. 

More good news to report because somehow, I don't know how, I managed to get a 2:1 in my second year of Uni which is an absolute miracle. My organisation with assignments this year has been nothing short of shambolic because I'm hopelessly slow and picky when it comes to essay writing. I can spend so long composing half a sentence that I end up running out of time and all my other assignments start piling up around me. But regardless of that, I passed, and I'm very very happy. :). 
(Look this paragraph even gets a little smiley face, that's how happy I am). 

And finally, it's my fantastic Mum's birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ali Keeler you nutter, have a super day in the sunshine xxx

Nats. X


No comments:

Post a Comment