Thursday 13 December 2012

December

First of all, I have to apologise to my blog for abandoning it, basically leaving it in the cold like a little lost orphan. This past month has been absolutely mad with assignments, general Uni work, my job, newspaper deadlines etc. that I really haven't had the time to sit down and write properly in absolutely ages. But I'm back now so it's fine.

Nothing else has really happened since I last wrote so I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post - might just be the most pointless piece of writing ever, but I didn't want anyone think that I'd given up posting on here because I still absolutely love it and have really missed it. However, I want to write about worthwhile topics, and just typing out load of rubbish down for the sake of it (slightly like I'm doing now) seems a bit stupid.

Therefore...just so this post has an actual point, I'm going to try and persuade you to do something worthwhile this Christmas, and by that I don't mean sit in front of the telly just watching Elf and eating loads of turkey sandwiches, but actually making a difference to something or somebody's life. For example...you could give a charity a Christmas donation or raise some money yourself, achieve a personal goal (a good one, I don't just mean seeing how many mince pies you can fit in your mouth), help a friend or family member who is going through a tough time, give blood, give a few hours of your time to a volunteering organisation. Christmas is such a magical time of year, and you can feel a whole lot better by doing something truly amazing!

This is inspired by my amazing housemate, who rather than celebrating Christmas Day with his family - having a delicious Christmas dinner, opening presents, watching festive movies and playing games - he goes down to his local hospital to play in the Salvation Army band to make other people feel better. And it's so inspiring and touching to hear how much he loves doing it - a totally selfless act to help those who need cheering up more than ever at this time of year.

If I don't find the time to write on here before the 25th (hopefully I will), then I hope everyone has a lovely time celebrating wherever they are and whatever they end up doing.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Nats. X


No comments:

Post a Comment